The Address Book feature allows you to save contacts along with their details for easy access and reuse in future document creation.
When adding a contact, you have the flexibility to select the necessary information required, ensuring all relevant details are captured efficiently.
Different ways of adding contacts to the address book
- Directly when adding a participant in a document.
- Via the address book.
In the document view
- Create a new document.
- Add a counterparty to the document, fill in all necessary fields.
- Select the Save contact checkbox.
In the address book view
- Go to the Address book.
- Click on + Add contact > fill in all necessary fields > Confirm.
INFORMATION Our system does not perform unique checks on emails, names or company names, allowing the addition of the same contact multiple times.
NOTE When you're adding a new contact, you have the option to include notes. This is particularly useful for marking important details, such as identifying a contact as a decision-maker.
Edit/Remove a contact
- Go to Address book.
- Search for a contact > Click on the action menu > Edit or Delete.
- Make the necessary changes > Confirm.
Add a contact from the address book
Next time you want to send a document to the same individual/company:
- Create a new document > Add a counterparty to the document.
- Typ the contact details In the search bar.
- The system will suggest all matching contacts. Pick the one you want to add.
- The system will populate all available information to the fields automatically.
No details are updated on an existing contact when you add them to a document and make changes to that contact. However, a new contact is created if you update/change the email address.
To grant users access to the address book, they need to have the specific permission associated with their workspace role. If a user doesn't have access to the address book, they won't be able to select a contact from the address book when creating documents.
Address books are workspace-based. A contact you save to the address book will only be saved to that specific workspace.