With the Address book feature, you can save a person or company's details and reuse that information when creating a new contract.
Companies and Individuals are stored separately. So if you save someone inside the Company tab you will not be able to see this person under the Contacts address book and vice versa.
There're two ways of adding contacts and companies to the Address book:
- In a contract
- In the Address book.
To add a new contact/company to your address book:
- When adding a counterparty to a contract, fill in all necessary fields.
- Select the Save to address book checkbox.
In Address book
You can access your contacts and companies via the Address book icon:
- On the left side menu, click the Address book icon.
- Switch between companies and contacts via the corresponding tabs at the top.
- Choose to add or remove contact details. You can also click a company to edit the details and see which contacts are attached to it.
Search a counterparty
Next time you want to send a contract to the same contact/company:
- Open a contract and click Add counterparty.
- In the search bar, start typing the contact/company name.
- The system will suggest all matching contacts. Pick the one you need and click Add.
- The system will populate all available fields automatically.
Update a counterparty
If you change any information except the Company name or Email and check the Save to address book checkbox, the system will update that contact/company.
Everyone who can create a contract within the workspace can use the Address book feature.
Address books are workspace-based, so the contact you save to the address book will only be saved to that specific workspace.