This Zap creates a Oneflow contract whenever an opportunity's stage changes in Copper CRM.
This streamlines CRM processes ensuring the timely creation of contracts.
1. Trigger: Updated opportunity stage in Copper
App & Event
- Select Copper as the App.
- Event: Select a specific event for the trigger. By default, this is set to Updated Opportunity Stage (I.e. This means this Zap starts when an opportunity's stage changes in Copper).
- Select a Copper account from the dropdown list.
- If the account you wish to link is not listed, then you'll need to add it to Zapier by clicking +Connect a new account.
2. Filter setup and testing
After an opportunity moves to another stage in the Copper pipeline, a filter is run to check the name of the stage. The workflow will continue only if the opportunity has reached the stage name you've specified in this filter.
- Stage name as user input: Enter the new stage name in this field.
- You can customize the text field in this filter to match any stage in the Copper pipeline.
- To do this, you'll need to know the name of the next stage in the Copper pipeline (I.e. after the Copper opportunity stage changes).
3. Action: Create contract in Oneflow
When the Copper opportunity reaches the stage defined in the filter, a contract is created in Oneflow.
- Oneflow account: Select your Oneflow account from the list of connected accounts in Zapier.
- If your Oneflow account is not listed, click on the + Connect a new account button to add a new Oneflow account. To learn more, see Connecting to Oneflow accounts.
- Create Contract as: Refers to the user creating the contract (I.e. Who is creating this contract?). Typically, the contract will be created by the Oneflow account user name you selected in the previous step.
- Templates and Workspace options are populated based on the Oneflow account selected in this field.
- Contract Name: By default, this field is set to the Opportunity Name field from Copper. However, you could customize the contract name to match your preference.
- Workspace: Select the workspace from your Oneflow account to which this contract will be added to.
- Template: Select a template from your Oneflow account.
Data fields (Optional)
- How many data fields do you need to map while creating the contract?: Once you've selected a template with data fields, enter the number of data fields you would like to configure in the text field that appears. (I.e. You may add up to three data fields to the Zap. Type 1, 2, or 3)
- The specified number of data fields will then appear in the fields below.
- Custom ID of field n: Select the Oneflow data field from the dropdown. This dropdown lists all data fields contained in the selected Template.
- Value of field n: Enter a value for the Oneflow data field.
4. Action: Add Participant in Oneflow
This step involves adding a participant to the contract.
This template comes with pre-filled participant fields by default. If you need to modify the information in these fields, you are free to do so as you see fit. Alternatively, you can click Continue to proceed.
- Add new participant to contract as: Select the user that's performing this action (i.e. who is adding the participant to the contract?).
- Contract creator: add the participant as the contract creator (Oneflow user creating the contract).
- Another user from Oneflow account: add the participant as another user in the Oneflow account.
- Participant type: Select a participant type from the dropdown.
- Colleague/Participant: Adds the participant as an owner-side party in the contract (i.e. For Instance, someone who works in the same organization as the contract creator can be added as a colleague in the contract.)
- Company: Adds a company as a counterparty in the contract.
- Individual: Adds an individual as a counterparty in the contract. Note: The subsequent fields will change based on the participant type you select.
- Party ID (if participant type is a colleague): Enter a unique identifier for the legal entity to which the participant (colleague) belongs to (i.e. For instance, this could be a company number). A party represents a legal entity in a contract.
- Company name (if participant type is a company): Enter the company name or select the corresponding field in Copper.
- Participant name: By default, this field is mapped to the Assignee name in Copper. You may edit the participant's name or select the corresponding field in Copper.
- Participant email: Enter the participant's email or select the corresponding field in Copper.
- Role in contract: Select a role in the contract for this participant.
- Signatory: The participant will be required to sign the contract.
- Viewer: The participant can only view the contract.
5. Action: Create an activity on Copper
Copper is designed with user input workflow in mind. Copper CRM contains activity logs of key events. Contract creation is one such event that can be logged in Copper.
This stage lets you configure an activity log record with the details of the Oneflow contract that was created through the Zap flow.
- Customize the activity fields to match your preferences.
- The Acting User field refers to the copper user creating the contract. Select a Copper user from the dropdown.