This Zap creates a Oneflow contract whenever a deal is created or updated in Zoho CRM.
This streamlines CRM processes ensuring the timely creation of contracts and reduces the risk of manual data entry.
1. Trigger: New/Updated module entry in Zoho CRM
App & Event
- Select Zoho CRM as the App.
- Note: You will require a premium Zoho account to integrate Zoho CRM as an app inside the Zap.
- Event: Select a specific event for the trigger. By default, this is set to New/Updated Module Entry in Zoho CRM.
- Module: By default, this is set to the Deals option. This means this Zap starts when a new deal is created or updated in Zoho CRM.
2. Filter setup and testing
After a deal is created or updated in Zoho CRM, a filter is run to check the name of the stage. The Zap's workflow will continue only if the deal has reached the stage name you have specified in this filter.
- From the first field, select the attribute to filter by. By default, this is set to filter deals by Stage.
- From the second field, select a condition (I.e. "Text Exactly matches")
- In the third field, enter the name of the Stage you wish to filter Deals by. I.e. For instance entering "Qualification" would filter deals that are in this stage. This means the Zap will not continue unless the deal is at the Qualification stage.
- This will not be supported by the Zap template, therefore you will have to add the filter action in the Zap additionally.
3. Action: Find the module entry in Zoho CRM
In order to add a participant to the Oneflow contract, you will require the details of a contact related to the deal in Zoho. This information will be captured from the output of this stage.
App & event
- Event: Select Find Module Entry.
- Module: By default, this is set to Contacts. This means the system will search for a contact object.
- Field name: Select the field name you want to search for a contact based on (i.e. full name).
- Value: Enter a value for the chosen field name. I.e. if you selected Full name as the field name, then type the desired contact's full name in the Value field. This contact will be related to the deal in Zoho CRM.
- Not having participant contact details will fail the Zap.
4. Action: Create a Contract in Oneflow
When the Zoho CRM deal reaches the stage defined in the filter, a contract is created in Oneflow.
- Oneflow account: Select your Oneflow account from the list of connected accounts in Zapier.
- If your Oneflow account is not listed, click on the + Connect a new account button to add a new Oneflow account. To learn more, see Connecting to Oneflow accounts.
- Create Contract as: Refers to the user creating the contract (I.e. Who is creating this contract?). Typically, the contract will be created by the Oneflow account user name you selected in the previous step.
- Templates and Workspace options are populated based on the Oneflow account selected in this field.
- Contract Name: By default, this field is set to get the Potential Name field from Zoho CRM. However, you could customize the contract name to match your preference.
- Workspace: Select the workspace from your Oneflow account to which this contract will be added to.
- Template: Select a template from your Oneflow account.
Data fields (Optional)
- You can assign values to data fields in Oneflow from fields in Zoho CRM.
To use data fields in a contract, the template group the contract belongs to needs to contain data fields (these are created in Oneflow).
- To configure data fields for the Oneflow contract, make sure to select a template that belongs to a template group containing data fields.
- To learn more about data fields, see Create a contract with data fields.
- How many data fields do you need to map while creating the contract?: Once you have selected a template with data fields, enter the number of data fields you would like to configure in the text field that appears (I.e. You may add up to three data fields to the Zap. Type 1, 2, or 3).
- The specified number of data fields will then appear in the fields below.
- Custom ID of field n: Select the Oneflow data field from the dropdown. This dropdown lists all data fields contained in the selected Template.
- Value of field n: Enter a value for the Oneflow data field.
5. Action: Add Participant in Oneflow
This step involves adding a participant to the contract using the information obtained in Stage 3.
This template comes with pre-filled participant fields by default. If you need to modify the information in these fields, you are free to do so as you see fit. Alternatively, you can click Continue to proceed.
- Add new participant to contract as: Select the user that's performing this action (i.e. who is adding the participant to the contract?).
- Contract creator: add the participant as the contract creator (Oneflow user creating the contract).
- Another user from Oneflow account: add the participant as another user in the Oneflow account.
- Contract ID: This is filled automatically from Oneflow.
- Participant type: Select a participant type from the dropdown.
- Company (Default): Adds a company as a counterparty in the contract.
- Colleague/Participant: Adds the participant as an owner-side party in the contract (i.e. For Instance, someone who works in the same organization as the contract creator can be added as a colleague in the contract.)
- Individual: Adds an individual as a counterparty in the contract.Note: The subsequent fields will change based on the participant type you select.
- Party ID (if participant type is a colleague): Enter a unique identifier for the legal entity to which the participant (colleague) belongs to (i.e. For instance, this could be a company number). A party represents a legal entity in a contract.
- Company name (if participant type is a company): By default, this field is mapped to the Account Name field from the deal in Zoho CRM (obtained from the trigger stage of this Zap). However, you may customize this by entering the company name or selecting another field from Zoho CRM.
- Having an Account (Company) is a requirement for deals in Zoho CRM.
- Participant name: By default, this field is mapped to the Full Name field from the Deal in Zoho CRM. This is obtained from Stage 3 of this Zap. You may edit the participant's name or select the corresponding field in Zoho.
- Participant email: By default, this field is mapped to the contact's email field from the Deal in Zoho CRM. This is obtained based on the contact from Stage 3 of this Zap. You may enter a participant email of your choice or select the corresponding field in Zoho CRM.
- Participant phone: By default, this field is mapped to the Phone field from the Deal in Zoho CRM. This is obtained based on the contact from Stage 3 of this Zap. You may enter a participant email of your choice or select the corresponding field in Zoho CRM.
- Role in contract: Select a role in the contract for this participant.
- Signatory: The participant will be required to sign the contract.
- Viewer: The participant can only view the contract.
- Based on the template selected for contract creation, either the participant’s email or phone number is required as a mandatory field.
6. Action: Send outbound email
This action lets you send the contract to a contact via email.
- Add the necessary details to send the email.
- To: You may add up to five recipients in the To field separated by commas.
- Subject: By default, the subject will be set to "A Oneflow contract was created for deal [DEAL NAME]". However, this is editable.
- Body: A default text is included in the email's body including a link to the Oneflow contract.