Section Rules (BETA)
BETA FEATURE ALERT!
We're excited to introduce a new feature, but please be aware that it's currently in beta testing. This means we're actively working to refine and enhance its functionality. Your feedback and insights during this phase are invaluable in helping us make it even better.
Feel free to contact our support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you're interested in participating and testing out this feature. We're here to assist you!
Exploring section rules within your documents and templates offers extensive customization options, providing your documents with a unique touch. Section rules allow you to selectively display or conceal specific sections based on rules controlled by triggers.
Create a template group to get started with section rules
To enable this feature, you need to activate a template group on your template. If you haven't used a template group before, you'll have to create a new template group and add data fields to decide which sections to hide or show with different sectional rules. To get started, you need to create a new template group.
- Go to Admin > Extensions > Enable Template Groups.
- Click on Details >"+ Add a template group"
- Give the template group a name.
NOTE If you are using an integration you do not need to create e new template group. You can use the existing template group connected to the integration.
Add data fields to your template group
Once you've established your template group, the next step is to incorporate various data fields, these data fields will control you sections.
- Activate the newly created template group.
- Scroll down and locate the template group you've just made, then click on its name.
- Navigate to the Data Fields tab.
- Lastly, create the data fields that will serve as the rules governing your sections.
You've successfully created your first data field!
Add a template group to a template
It is time to work wonders with adding section rules to your templates.
- Go to Templates > Open a template.
- Go to Template settings > Open General > Choose the template group.
Create section rules to you template and documents
To begin with a simple trigger, we'll use a checkbox field as an example to demonstrate how to hide or display a section in your template:
- Click on the + to add a new form section
- Click on Add Field > Fill in a field namne > choose "Checkbox" as type.
- Select the data field that you want to set as a trigger for the section rule.
In this example, we have a data field called "Introduction text" that you will be seeing in the following screenshots.
- Don't forget to save.
Now, for the section where you want to implement rules, click on the gear icon located to the right of the section, and then select Section rules.
This will provide you with the option to determine the action when you click on the checkbox. In this case, we'll use it to control the visibility of the "Introducing Text" section. Here's how we configured it:
After you've configured the rule to your satisfaction, click on Save rule. You'll notice that the section is now grayed out, indicating it's hidden. When you check the checkbox, the section will be displayed once more. This is just one of the many ways you can get creative with section rules!