This article explains how to activate the integration between Oneflow and Dynamics.
You can only connect one Oneflow account to a specific Dynamics account. Subsequently, changing the Oneflow account connected to that Dynamics account will be impossible.
Enable Dynamics CRM integration extension
To enable the Dynamics integration:
- In Onewflow, go to Admin > Account > Extensions and activate the Dynamics CRM extension.
- A pop-up window will appear with an API token. Copy the token and securely save it for later use.
- Close the API token window and click the Dynamics CRM extension, then click on Go to AppSource.
- You will be redirected to the Microsoft AppSource page. Click on Get it now.
- You will be asked to provide profile info and give permissions to Microsoft. Click Continue. You will get redirected to the environment setup.
- Select an environment and click Install.
- Wait a few minutes until installation is finished.
Configure extension in Dynamics
Once the solution is installed:
- Go to your Dynamics environment and proceed to the Advanced Settings section.
- You should be able to see the Oneflow Settings section under the Settings.
- Click Settings > Oneflow Settings.
- You might see the following warning:
- You need to assign the Oneflow Admin security role to your user. You can always do this in your environment
- Under the Access section > Users, click See all.
- Click your user name.
- Under the Roles section, click Manage roles.
- The role you need to assign to your user is Oneflow Admin and Save.
- Once done, go back to the Oneflow settings page.
Set up the Oneflow application
Go through all the steps on the Settings page to complete the setup.
- Since we've already set up the integration, click Next.
- Create a Oneflow account (if you don't have one yet). You can do this by following this link - https://app.oneflow.com/signup, then click Next when you're done.
- On the Authenticate Oneflow step, paste the API token you saved when you enabled the extension in Oneflow, then click Next.
- On the Authorize Dynamics from Oneflow step, go back to the Dynamics extension page in Oneflow.
- Enter your Dynamics organization URL into the Dynamics CRM instance URL box and click Authorize with Dynamics CRM.
In the pop-up window, grant consent to the Oneflow application by clicking Accept.
- The Authorization with Dynamics CRM will be marked with a green checkmark when the authorization is successful.
The step below is needed to set up real-time synchronization of contracts from Oneflow to your Dynamics organization.
The user who grants consent should also be a global admin in your Microsoft organization.
We use an Azure application to sync your contract data from Oneflow to your Dynamics instance. To do that, we're not impersonating a user who grants the permissions, but we create a separate app user in your Dynamics CRM that we will use to update contract data.
To make this application work, a global admin user from your Microsoft tenant should grant application consent. Unfortunately, these are Microsoft's restrictions we can't avoid.
- Click Next.
- In the next step, you can assign the Oneflow user security role to the Dynamics users who will use the integration. Then click Next.
- Step 7: map your Account/contact fields to participants in Oneflow and click Finish.
You already have a default mapping set up, but if you're using custom fields for any of the shown fields, you can specify them there.
That's it! Once you click on Finish, you should be done with setting up the extension on the Dynamics side.
Create a contract template
Create a contract template in Oneflow that you would like to use in Dynamics.
- In the contract template, specify the Template group as Dynamics CRM template and click Save.
- Go back to the template list and mark the template as Active.
Now, you can go to a Dynamics opportunity and create a contract.
Create a contract in Dynamics
To create a contract:
- Open an opportunity you would like to create a contract for.
- On the Oneflow widget, click the Create contract button.
- In the pop-up window, select the participants and click Create Contract.
- The contract preview information will appear in the widget. Click View contract to open it in Oneflow.
Notes and tips:
- As a Oneflow administrator, take care to register the users with the same email address they use to log in to the Dynamics account.
- If you want to remove the integration, you can disable it in Oneflow, delete the Oneflow solution from Dynamics and disable the Application user in your Dynamics instance.
- When you authorize your dynamics instance in your oneflow.com account, the instance associated with your account cannot be changed. Please make sure to set up a test account in oneflow in case you want to test the integration before installing the solution to your production environment.
- If you've already associated an instance with your oneflow.com account and want to change it, please contact our support at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The latest version of Chrome
The latest version of Firefox
The latest version of Microsoft Edge.