Two-way sync helps keep data fields up-to-date in Dynamics and Oneflow keeping data consistent across both platforms.
With two-way sync, you can rest assured that changes made in one system will be reflected in the other. This ensures all parties stay up to date with the latest information resulting in unparalleled data consistency, cost and time savings, and reduced risk of manual data entry.
- Data fields are initially transferred from Dynamics to Oneflow when the contract is created.
- When data fields are changed in Dynamics, you can push these changes to their corresponding data fields in Oneflow.
- Conversely, when data fields are changed in Oneflow, the corresponding data fields in Dynamics are updated automatically. However, you can also manually fetch updates from Oneflow to Dynamics.
- Login to Dynamics.
- From the settings cog, select Advanced Settings.
- Click on Oneflow Settings.
- Click on the Setup Entities tab.
- Select the entity you would like to configure (i.e. Opportunity, Quote).
- Click on the Data fields tab.
- Select a Dynamics field (source) and enter a name for the Oneflow field (target).
• Dynamics field: the source field in Dynamics for your product entity.
• Oneflow field: the target field to which data from the Dynamics field is transferred to.
To learn more about the process of setting up data fields, see How to setup and use custom data fields. In this article, we’ll focus on Sync Direction.
- Select a sync direction for each data field mapping.There are three sync direction options you can choose from.
- Sync once: The data field will be synced (from Dynamics to Oneflow) only when you create a contract. Any changes made to the data field after contract creation will not be synced back to Dynamics.
- Dynamics to Oneflow: Allows you to push any changes to Dynamics data fields back to data fields in the Oneflow contract. This is done using the Push updates to Oneflow button in the widget.
- Two-way Sync: In addition to the Dynamics to Oneflow functionality, two-way sync will automatically update Dynamics data fields when their corresponding data fields change in Oneflow.
- This process is automatic if you have enabled the Webhooks feature during setup.
- This can also be done manually using the Fetch updates from Oneflow option in the widget.
- Click on Save mapping.
Data field sync
Push updates to Oneflow
Once you change data fields in Dynamics, you can then sync (push) these changes to their mapped data fields in Oneflow.
- To push updates, click the Push updates to Oneflow button on the Oneflow widget in Dynamics.
- This rewrites all data field values in the Oneflow contract with data from your Dynamics data fields.
Fetch updates from Oneflow
Once you change data fields in Oneflow, you can sync (fetch) these changes to their mapped fields in Dynamics.
To fetch updates, click on the three dots in the contract card, then click Fetch updates from Oneflow.
- As the fetch feature works using Webhooks, this is usually automated. However, you may fetch updates manually in the following scenarios.
- Your instance missed a webhook update due to temporary technical issues.
- The contract is still in draft state (webhook events trigger only after the contract is sent to counterparties)
- Webhooks are not enabled for your Oneflow integration.
Although bidirectional data synchronization is a powerful tool, it comes with a set of limitations.
- Two-way Sync direction is not available for the following field data types:
- Optionset Value
- Unique identifier
- Multi-select optionset
- It is also not possible to sync `Participant` or `Party` type data fields from Oneflow to Dynamics.
- This is due to technical limitations in the way data is stored at the database level, which is different from the way it is displayed.
- Date and time values could sync incorrectly from Oneflow to Dynamics due to timezone differences. Any time value synchronized from Oneflow to Dynamics is always assumed to be in UTC time.
- Boolean properties can be synced to Oneflow using a limited set of custom text labels. Data fields containing values like Yes/No, True/False, 1, or 0, will be synced to a boolean property in Dynamics while any other values will be ignored.