When creating a contract, the Pipedrive integration is designed to transfer a fixed set of Pipedrive properties from Pipedrive to Oneflow. To transfer data from Pipedrive to Oneflow, you need to use the data fields function on the Oneflow integration settings page. On that page, you can set up the Pipedrive properties you want to see in the Oneflow contract.
You need Pipedrive and Oneflow administrative privileges to set up the data field function. After setting up, the newly added data fields will be available to all Oneflow users of the account.
Set up data field mapping
To configure data fields, you need to follow the steps described below:
- Log in to Pipedrive as an administrator.
- Open any deal, and on the Oneflow widget, click the dropdown icon and click Oneflow settings.
- Click Data fields.
All the existing data field mappings will be displayed on this page. You will get an empty table if you have not set any mappings yet. You can edit the list as required.
- To add a new property, click the Add data field button.
Note: • You can have up to 150 data field mappings (i.e. Linkages between Pipedrive fields and Oneflow data fields). • Pipedrive attributes relating to Product and Person objects will take up three data fields in the Oneflow contract corresponding to three instances of Products or People that can be added. I.e. Assume you wish to add the names of three contacts in your Pipedrive deal to your Oneflow contract. If the Name field in Pipedrive is mapped to Oneflow, then the data fields are represented as Person 1 Name, Person 2 Name, Person 3 Name.
- A new field mapping line will appear, where you need to set three values: Object, Data field, and Oneflow Label.
Note:Select object - Select one of the Objects from this dropdown whose property you want to map. Currently, we support four Pipedrive objects. Pipedrive objects: Deal, Person, Organization, Product.
Please note that all three values are mandatory for mapping a property.
Select data field - Select an object property that you want to transfer to Oneflow. The list of properties will differ depending on the selected object. Currently, we support the following property types. Pipedrive property types: Text, Large text, Autocomplete, Numerical, Monetary, Phone, Date, Date range, Address, and User.
Oneflow label - The name of the Pipedrive object property you want to transfer to Oneflow. This label will appear in the Oneflow contract or template. However, you can choose any name as an administrator.
Each Oneflow label has to be unique for each account, i.e., any two properties you want to transfer cannot have the same mappings if required.
- After adding the required data fields, click the sync button to sync the data fields with Oneflow.
How to use data fields
After setting up the data field mapping in Pipedrive, let's look at how to transfer these properties to Oneflow while creating the contract. In this chapter, we'll consider an example with the Country custom property created for the Organization object in your Pipedrive account.
Please, follow the steps below to transfer a custom property to your Oneflow contract:
- Make sure your custom property is set up correctly as described in the Set up data field mapping chapter above.
- Log in to your Oneflow account as a simple user and navigate to the template where you want to use the custom Pipedrive property.
- In the template, go to the field where you want to place your custom property and click the Data field icon. Before creating the contract, please ensure that the Country value exists in Pipedrive; otherwise, you will receive an empty data field in Oneflow. In our example, we need to check if the organization country(organization_country) exists.
- Go to the Pipedrive deal from which you want to create a contract and click the Organization name.
- Make sure the country is available for your organization:
- Now that you have ensured that the custom field value exists navigate to the Oneflow widget in the deal where you want to create the contract and click Create contract. Please refer to the Getting started with Pipedrive article to learn more about creating contracts in Pipedrive. Select the template where you have mapped the property from Pipedrive and create the contract with the required participants.
- Verify if your custom field value is populated to the contract at the desired location (in our example, the Organization_Country).
Delete data fields
If you want to delete a data field already configured, you can do it in the Pipedrive data fields tab on the Pipedrive settings page.
To delete a custom property, you need to have administrator rights.
To delete a custom property, you need to follow the steps below:
- Log in to Pipedrive as an administrator.
- Open any deal, and on the Oneflow widget, click the dropdown icon and Oneflow settings and go to the data fields tab.
- Click the bin icon related to the data field you want to delete and then confirm by clicking the delete button in the prompt.
- When confirmed, click the Sync button to apply your changes.