Handwritten signatures, also known as wet ink signatures, offer a unique way to sign documents electronically in Oneflow. This signing method allows signatories to create signatures directly on the device they are using. Handwritten signatures have the same legal validity as standard electronic signatures (SES). In this article, we'll guide you through how to activate this feature in Oneflow, its benefits, and how to use it effectively.
Activate Handwritten Signature
Before you can start using handwritten signatures, an administrator within your account needs to enable this feature.
- Go to Admin > Extensions.
- Browse through the various extensions to Handwritten Signature and toggle to Enable.
Once activated, all users will have access to handwritten signatures.
Choose Handwritten Signature as signing method
- Create a document > click on + New document or use a template.
- Fill in all document related information.
- Add a counterparty > Fill in all required fields > Choose Handwritten Signature as signing method.
Signing with Handwritten Signature
When it's time for you or your counterparty to sign, you have two signing options:
- Draw Signature: Use your mouse or touchpad to draw your signature directly onto the document.
- Type Signature: If you prefer, you can also type your name, and then choose a font style for your signature.
Handwritten signature in the PDF view.
Are you wondering how this will appear when the document is signed and completed? No problem, below you can see how the result with a handwritten digital signature will appear on the downloaded PDF.