Do you want to choose the order in which signatories should be able to sign documents? Then the signing order function is something for you. In this article, you will get a deeper understanding of how feature works and how to use it.
You can only set up the signing order for documents in Draft state before the document is sent.
Activate and assign signing order
- Create a document > click on the Participants tab.
- Activate the Signing order function.
- Choose the order in which the participants should sign/open the document by selecting the corresponding order number in the drop-down menu.
NOTE You can select the same signing order for several participants. In this case, everyone with number 1 will receive and sign the document first. When all signatories first in order have signed, then the next participant's will gain access and be able to handle/sign the document.
Your counterparts will not receive the document or any related notifications until it is their turn to sign/handle the document. Once they have access, they can follow all events in the audit trail and comment section as usual.
- Once your document is sent, your signing order is set and cannot be adjusted.
- It is impossible to make private comments to a colleague until they have access to the document.
- The Signing order feature does not work on agreements using the Same device signing method.
- It is not possible to add a colleague as an organizer after the document has been sent.