Roles and permissions in a workspace
To ensure you have full flexibility in making sure your colleagues have the appropriate access in your workspaces, we have created some example workspace roles to start with. As an Administrator, you can view and edit the roles from the Admin view.
The Manager and Read-Only roles are standard and cannot be edited or removed, but for all other roles, you can change the name, permissions, or completely remove them. You can also create new roles.
Create a new workspace role
- Go to Admin > Roles > + Create new role.
- Choose a Name > Confirm.
- Click on the action menu > Edit permissions.
- Select all permissions for the current role > Confirm.
What permissions are there?
- Access own dashboard
- Access colleagues’ dashboard
- Create documents from blank
- Create documents from templates
- Move documents to and from workspace
- Create, delete folders and move documents into folders
- Create and delete document links
- Access own documents
- Delete own documents
- Rename own documents
- Set value for own documents
- Set value for colleagues’ documents
- Add, delete, and rearrange document sections
- Lock and unlock document sections for editing
- Access colleagues’ documents
- Delete colleagues’ documents
- Rename colleagues’ documents
- Add organizers to colleagues’ documents
- Export documents
- Download documents as PDF
- Administrate message and document templates
- Use tags in the workspace
- Use address book in the workspace