Two-step authentication for login is a feature used to Increase the security of a user. With two-step authentication you will need to provide a second password (security code) to login.
How to enable Two-step authentication for login:
First you click on your initials in the top right corner and then on "My profile".
Go to the "Security" tab and click on "Enable two-step authentication".
Choose if you want email or SMS as your method.
- Email: Will always be your user email.
- SMS: Provide the phone number you want to receive the security code to.
Enter your current password to save the settings and you're all done!
- If you chose to use SMS you will get a validation modal to verify the phone number you set.
- Admins cannot enforce this setting on users, they need to activate this themselves.
- You can un-trust your devices by pressing the "revoke your trusted devices" button in the security page.
- A trusted device will be remembered for 365 days
- A security code is valid for 5min
- You can request a new security code every 30sec.