Five default roles are available per account, allowing you to give users more or fewer permissions to a Workspace.
The five default roles are:
- Manager: has all permissions within a workspace.
- Contributor: can create contracts, see their contracts and access the dashboard.
- Template manager: can manage contract and message templates but cannot create nor see any contracts.
- Participant access: is given to users to grant access to their contracts, but users will not be able to create new contracts nor see others' contracts.
- Viewer: can see all contracts within a workspace but cannot create new ones.
- Administrators can view and edit the different member roles from the Admin tab. An admin can also rename the preset roles so that the role name matches your specific setup or create new roles altogether.
You can edit all roles but the Manager role to suit your needs.
Create a new role
To create a new role:
- Go to the Admin tab > Roles and click Create new role.
- In the window that appears, specify the role name and click Confirm.
- In the role list, click the three dots menu in the role line > Edit permissions.
- On the Permissions tab, click Edit, select all actions that should be accessible for the current role, and click Confirm.
Now you can grant the user access to a workspace.