Write a chat message
There are two ways to have a conversation with the participant inside your documents:
- Via the Oneflow application.
- Via E-mail.
Conversations - choose between chat or comments
Oneflow offers two different ways to engage in discussions within your documents: the classic chat and comments.
NOTE Depending on your price plan you might only have aces to the chat feature.
Chat is the classic feature that enables direct communication with participants inside the document. Once you send the document your invitation will be added as the first chat to the document.
Comments is the new feature that let's you discuss the content, either internally or publicly, by highlighting text and having to resolve these comments.
Write a chat message in Oneflow
- Go to documents > Open a document.
- Click on conversations > Click on chat > Write your chat message in the chat tab.
- Choose if you want to post a Public chat, i. e. everyone will be able to see it, or an Internal chat, i.e., only you or your colleagues will be able see it.
The participants will receive a notification via the chosen delivery method informing them of your message with the link to the document.
Internal & public comment
They are visible to all colleagues within the document, regardless of whether you direct the chat message to a specific colleague or not. Directing a chat message to a specific colleague means that only that colleague will receive a notification about the added message, but it will still be visible to all internal participants.
They are visible to everyone invited to the document. Via the tag function (@), you have the opportunity to direct the chat message to a unique participant. This means that when you select a specific participant, only that person will receive a message notification. But all participants will still see the chat messages in Oneflow.
Write a chat message via E-mail
- If you simply reply directly to an email invitation your email will then automatically be added as a public chat message in that document.
- Your invitation will be added as the first chat message to the document.