Setting up the integration between Membrain and Oneflow is surprisingly easy! Follow this quick setup guide, and your integration will be up and running.
Activate the Membrain integration
To activate the Membrain integration, please follow the steps described in this chapter.
Enable the Membrain extension in Oneflow
- To enable the Membrain integration on the extension page in Oneflow, go to Admin > Account > Extensions and enable the Membrain extension.
- Oneflow will automatically generate and display the API token when you enable the extension.
This token will only show once. Save the token as soon as it’s displayed to connect your Oneflow and Membrain accounts later. If you lose your token, you will need to disable the extension and enable it again to get a new API Token.
Connect your Membrain subdomain to Oneflow
To connect your Membrain subdomain to the extension in Oneflow:
- Go to Admin > Account > Extensions and click the Membrain extension.
- Click the Edit icon and type in your subdomain name.
Authenticate the Oneflow integration in Membrain
To authenticate the Oneflow integration in Membrain:
- In Membrain, go to System Setup
- Scroll down to the Integrations section, and click Oneflow.
- Go to Authentication.
- Click Authenticate with Oneflow, enter the Oneflow Owner Email Address and insert the Oneflow API Token you obtained earlier.
If you have lost your API token, you need to disable the extension and re-enable it to get a new one. Please, return to the Enable Membrain extension in the Oneflow section
Click Save, which will activate the integration.
When the integration is successfully activated, you can proceed with creating fields, adding templates, and automating your processes with Oneflow.
To map data from Membrain to Oneflow, you must create a set of fields in Membrain. You can do it in the Membrain user interface. Then you can add these fields to your templates in Oneflow and finally map the fields as desired to each template as described further in this article.
- In Membrain, go to the Oneflow Integration page > Fields.
- Click Add Field.
- Type in the field Name and, optionally, a Placeholder.
- Click Save.
These fields will be available in the Oneflow template editor for further use in the templates.
Add contract templates to Membrain
To add contract templates to Membrain, follow the steps below.
Create contract templates in Oneflow
- In Oneflow, go to Templates > Create template.
- In the template, add required sections, Save the template and select Membrain Template in the Template group field.
- Go back to the template list and activate the template.
Learn more on how to create contract templates in Oneflow here.
Add data fields
To see what data fields are available for your template:
- In Oneflow, open a contract template, click the Edit icon in a form field, and click the drop-down arrow in the Data field.
- Pick a data field and Save. Fields containing linked data from data fields show the link sign. When you create a contract using this template, this field will be pre-populated with the corresponding data field value.
Add Oneflow templates to Membrain
Now you can add all the templates created in the previous step to the list of templates in Membrain.
Make sure to add the templates one at a time.
- In Membrain, Oneflow Integration page, go to Templates.
- Click Add Template.
- Click Select Template and select the template that you want to add.
If the contract template you want to add to Membrain is missing, make sure the contract Template group is set to Membrain Template in Oneflow (see the previous step.)
Map fields in Membrain
You can now set up the field mapping for the template you add to your list. Field mapping is optional but recommended.
- Click in a Oneflow field and pick the Membrain field to map for each.
- Click Save.
Field mapping is done separately for each template you add.
When a template is saved and successfully added, you can add more contract templates to the integration by repeating the steps in this guide.
All ready! You can now create and sign documents in Membrain. Proceed to the Create a contract in Membrain chapter to learn how.