Data fields let you map information to multiple places in a document to save time and effort when creating a document.
You can connect data fields to our integrations and set up your data fields!
If you wonder what kind of data fields you should set up. Think of the most frequently used information: company name, recipient, or a specific date. Then make that into a data field!
A good starting point is replacing Customer or Recipient with a data field named Company name.
Activate template groups
You need to activate Template groups in order to use data fields.
- Go to Admin > Extensions.
- Scroll to Template groups > Toggle the control to activate it.
- Click on the text Template groups > Add a template group.
- Name the template group > Confirm.
Add data fields to a template group
Once you have created a template group, you can add data fields to it.
- Open the template group > Add a data field.
- Name the data field, for example, "Customer name" > Confirm.
Add more data fields you wish to use in templates with the selected template group.
Use data fields in a template
When you have added all your data fields, you are ready to use them in your templates.
Add data fields to a form field
- Go to Templates > Open a template that you want to implement data fields.
- Click on Settings > Open General >Choose a template group in the drop-down list.
- Start placing the data fields in the template > Click the "+" icon in the template > Form.
- Click Add field > Select a data field in the drop-down list > Save.
When a form field is mapped to a data field, a link icon will appear next to the name of the field.
Add data fields in plain text
You can link data fields directly in your plain text.
- Open a Template.
- Click on the "+" icon > Text and image (if you don't have a text section yet).
- Click Add text and image.
- In the text field, place the cursor or mark the text where you want to add your data field > Click on Insert data-field icon in the action menu.
- Select an appropriate data field in the drop-down list > Confirm.
If you choose to add data fields to plain text - the data field must first be linked to a form field (as shown above). When you fill in the right information needed in the form field, the information will be filled in the plain text that the data field is connected to.