To set up custom data fields mapping:
- Go to Advanced settings > Settings > Oneflow settings and click the Setup tab.
- Expand an entity for which you want to set up data fields. The system will load all existing custom field mapping. If you have not set up mapping yet, the empty grid will appear.
- Click Add field mapping to add a new record.
- Click the Dynamics entity dropdown of appeared record. It contains three groups of entities:
- Primary entity - the entity for which you set up the mapping. For instance, if you set up a mapping to create contracts from Opportunity, the primary entity is Opportunity.
- Participants - a virtual entity offered to map contract participants-related fields.
- Related entities - all entities related to the primary one. For instance, on Opportunity, it’s possible to select a corresponding account; it means that Account is an entity related to Opportunity.
- In the Dynamics entity dropdown, select Opportunity to map a field from the Opportunity entity.
- After the Dynamics entity is selected, the system loads all fields from the selected entity into the Dynamics field dropdown. Select the Topic field from the list.
- Define how the selected Dynamics field should be named in Oneflow. Enter Topic in Oneflow field input.
- In the same way, create a mapping for the First Name of the Participant and Account Name of the Account entity.
- Click the Save fields mapping button to save changes.
To remove the mapping record:
- Click the Delete icon at the end of the record and confirm your action in the dialog.
- Save your changes by clicking Save fields mapping.
The system runs validation of the mapping on each change (adding, removing, or updating record) made by the user. All incorrect fields are highlighted, and the corresponding validation messages appear.
You may see the following validation messages:
Enter Oneflow field names in all mapping records
Oneflow field is mandatory.
Enter names for all Oneflow fields to fix the error.
Enter Oneflow field names with unique values
Oneflow fields must be unique.
Remove or replace duplicates of Oneflow fields to fix the error.
Map one Dynamics field only once
Mapped Dynamics fields must be unique.
Remove or replace duplicates of Dynamics fields to fix the error.
The total amount of standard and custom data fields exceeds the limit (150 fields)
The total amount field limit (across all entities and fields, including standard fields) is 150.
Remove the fields that exceed the limit to fix the error.
Each mapped field from the Participant entity is treated as three fields and will be transferred to the first three participants selected in the contract.
Using custom fields
After custom data fields mapping is set up, let’s create a contract.
- Go to an existing Opportunity or create a new one. Pay attention to the Topic of the opportunity and Account name. These fields will be transferred to Oneflow.
- Click the Create contract button in the widget. Ensure you select the template that contains the text body (it will be needed to insert custom fields).
- Select 3 participants (remember the sequence of your selection, participant’s fields will appear in Oneflow in the same sequence) and click the Create contract button in the dialog.
Custom data fields of the Participant entity are transferred to Oneflow only for the first three selected participants of the contract.
- Open the created contract in Oneflow, click inside a text body, and then the Data field icon on the tools panel.
The mapped custom fields will appear in the data field list.
Fields of the Participant entity are shown in Oneflow with a postfix of 1, 2, or 3 depending on the participant number in the contract.
- Select data fields from the list to insert them into text.
Congratulations! Now you can compose a text using new custom fields.