Data retention is managing your document data to avoid storing any information past its allowed time (GDPR). By enabling data retention in your workspaces, you can choose when your draft, overdue, declined, or terminated documents will automatically be deleted from the system.
Setting a 14-day retention period for expired documents will delete documents 14 days after expiration.
Enable data retention
To enable data retention:
- Go to Admin > Workspaces and choose the workspace for which you want to enable data retention.
- Go to the Data retention tab and click Edit.
- Specify how many days you'd like to keep documents before being removed and click Confirm.
- Confirm changes.
- Documents removed by data retention cannot be restored.
- The retention period in settings will always be in days.
- Moving a document to a workspace with data retention may remove the document.
- Setting the date retention fields empty will disable data retention.
- The system removes documents daily.