About data fields
Data fields let you map information to multiple places in a contract to save time and effort when creating a contract.
You can connect data fields to our integrations and set up your data fields.
If you wonder what kind of data fields you should set up. Think of your contract's most frequently used information: company name, recipient, or a specific date. Then make that into a data field!
A good starting point is replacing Customer or Recipient with a data field named Company name.
Activate template groups
To use the data fields feature, you need to activate Template groups first:
- Go to Admin > Extensions. Scroll to Template groups and click the toggle control to activate it.
- Now click the text Template groups link and then Add a template group.
- Name your template group and click Confirm.
Add a data field
Now that you have created your template group, you can add data fields to it:
- Open your template group link.
- Click Add a data field.
- Name the data field, for example, "Customer name", if that's the information you want to have in multiple places in a contract. Then click Confirm.
- Add all data fields you want to use in templates with the selected template group.
Use data fields in a template
When you have added all your data fields, you are ready to use them in your contract templates:
- Go to Templates and open the template where you want to use your data fields.
- On the Settings tab, choose your template group in the Template group drop-down list.
- Now you can start placing your data fields in the template. Click the "+" icon in the template body > Form.
- Click Add field.
- Click the Data field drop-down list, select the appropriate data field, and Save.
The data field will map automatically with the data you provided earlier, and a "link" symbol will appear.
Data fields in text sections
You can also add data fields to text sections.
- Open the template and click the "+" icon > Text and image (if you don't have a text section yet).
- Click Add text and image.
- In the text field, place the cursor where you want to place your data field, and click the Insert data-field icon on the toolbar.
- In the drop-down menu, select a data field and click Confirm.The field will be automatically populated.
- Save the template.