Create contract template
Let's get to work! In this article, you'll learn how you create a contract template.
To create your first template:
- Click the Templates icon > Create template.
- This opens up the editing menu where you start building your contract template. Start by clicking Add content.
- The section menu will appear, where you can start adding various section types appropriate for your contract type.
- When your template is finished, click Save.
If you're not sure where to begin, you can use one of your existing contracts and recreate it in Oneflow. We encourage you to play around with the sections to find creative solutions! We also have a template library from which you can download example templates and get some inspo.
Set template name
Once you're done testing and building the template:
- Give your template a name.
- Choose the Counterparty type (company or individual), Template group, and if you want to Allow your counterpart to decline your offer. You can also select the way your counterpart will receive your contract and the signing method.
You can find more information here:
- Click Save template changes.
To make the template available for contract creation, you need to activate the template.
- Go back to the template list and click the toggle button.
- Now you can access the template from the New contract menu.
Now that the template is active, you can create contracts from it.
To access the template:
- From the main window, click New contract.
- Find your template in the template list and click it.
If you're looking for a way to create a simple PDF-based contract template, check out this guide.